Tuesday, March 25, 2008

8 Finally! My first card completed....

Unfortunately, its a sympathy card I will send to my aunt for the passing of my uncle last week. I have to say it was fun, but wow! So many things to consider and so many things to go wrong, or not quite right! Definitely learned a few things doing this, as well as brought up a lot of questions I need to go look for the answers to. So, after spending hundreds of dollars on card making supplies... Ta Da!!!!!


The red word punch says thinking of you.The background, though not very visible in the picture, is stamped with watermark ink with a floral background stamp because I just couldn't get past the plain tan paper. I'm sorry, I'm too new to know what papers are what... I was just grabbin' what suited me. I did run the one piece of green through the sizzix texture plate giving it the diagonals. I love dew drops! How the heck to you attach them? Oh... also.. that's my first stamped image ... A Gina K flower and I used chalk for color. So... not too bad for my first. And.... I hope I don't make that kind of mess every time I make a card!
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is lovely! WAY better than my own first card! And get used to the mess - it comes with the hobby! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is beautiful! great first card and i am sure it will be appreciated by your aunt. i never even posted my first card ... too embarrassed but it is a nice reminder of how far you can go in this hobby ... SCS is a great learning tool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, especially as it is your first one. I can see a great future for you in cardmaking.

    There are lots of little tricks you will learn on Splitcoast that will make the process of cardmaking not so nervewracking, lol.

    I'm sorry to say that in my case at least, some decisions don't seem to get any easier about colors, etc. I have been making cards for a couple of years and I still agonize sometimes to get things just like I envision them.

    Now, get busy. We need to see more!

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sympathy cards are often of the hardest to make - you have created a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You did wonderful for a first card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the layout of the card - you did a fabulous job. I think I would be embarressed to show a picture of my first attempts.

    Thanks for the link to my TAC site

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done a wonderful job! Especially for a first card. As many others have said ~ not too many of us would even show our first attempts ~ although I bet we all thought they were great at first...lol... I hope you continue to both blog & share your cards with us!

    Monika in Yorktown VA

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning first card. Very classy.

    My first card was an absolute disaster, so you should be extremely proud of yourself !

    Happy crafting !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

~

Cricut Top 40

Royal visits!