Tuesday, November 3, 2009

5 Copics & Digital Images


I made this card as part of a tutorial I did for Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot. I was asked to do a tutorial for Cuttlebug Challenge University, Copics and Digital Images, The Basics ... a beginner's tutorial, if you will. The thought of doing that scared the heck out of me.. I AM a beginner... what on earth could I offer. Then I thought that maybe speaking beginner to beginner, those reading it may well get something out of it that makes the difference between them using their Copics and not using them.

The image I used for my tutorial is an exclusive design by Digital Delights by Louby Loo for the purpose of Cuttlebug Challenge University, Copics and Digital Images tutorials during the month of November. A new tutorial and a new design set every Tuesday! You will see mine there today... part 1 at 7 am EST and part 2 at noon EST - The Basics. Head over to Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot to take a peek at my tutorials and also to see how you can get this image for yourself. It won't be for sale until December 10th, but you could win it. Attend the Cuttlebug Challenge University the entire month of November, do your homework, and you will get your Graduation Certificate!

Lately, when doing these larger digital images, I find less is more for me. I'm happy with embossed paper and some stitching and not much in the way of embellishments or bling. I like the focus to be on the image itself. I may go back later and write a sentiment in that sail. I love the expression on the owl's face! Need a sentiment for that.

Materials:
Image: Digital Delights by Louby Loo
Paper: Coredinations
Ink/Color: Printer, Copics
Other: Diamond Glaze, Sewing
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. wow cindy this is gorgeous as always.
    Thank you,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Cindy! I love the background, love the image too. I am keeping your tutorial for my future Copics, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the finished project, so glad you showed it. I really like how you've placed your painted piece on the card and I agree an nice simple sentiment on the sail would look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Cindy I loved both of your tutorials today at CBC! You make using Copics look so easy and I learned sooooo much already! Especially about specific ways to blend!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO fantastic Cindy!!! I can't believe the stunning details. I love the stitched waves & the way you added lacquer to the waves in your image. And of course your mad skills with the Copic colouring. Your tutorials are ultra fantastic. I can't wait to link them up for today's challenge! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!