Tuesday, January 26, 2010

6 Back to School at CHA




Here's my contribution to Winter CHA 2010. Though I didn't get to go to CHA, I was asked to make Back to School projects and my projects went to CHA without me with Maggie from Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot.

I made this 'desk box' using instructions I bought online from Inking Idaho, adding layers of Cuttlebug embossed Core'dinations paper to the various surfaces. The terrific designer paper is by Adorn It. The top has a couple of school child silhouettes from A Child's Year Cricut cartridge.




I used a nice grosgrain ribbon on my box and the front stays closed with magnets (under the buttons).
Inside my box is designer paper wrapped glue stick, eraser, and pencil. I made a post-it note cover with an inside pocket and magnetic closure. There are a couple of small note cards and bookmarks. The inside of the box cover has a pocket holding a pad of paper.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another project I made was taking a small notebook and making a larger cover with built in handles. I added dividers with pockets and covered surfaces with more Adorn It and embossed Core'dinations.


Here are a couple pics of the inside. The words School Zone above was cut with Cricut Graphically Speaking cartridge, while the other 'icons' below were from A Child's Year.




Thanks for stopping in today!


Materials:
Paper: Core'dinations, Bazzill, Adorn It
Cricut: A Child's Year, Graphically Speaking
Cuttlebug:
Misc: Glue Stick, Eraser, Notebook, Pencil, Post It pad, Basic Grey Magnets, Grosgrain Ribbon, Buttons.
Template: Inking Idaho
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is fantastic Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there no end to your talents Cindy!!!
    Both projects are fab but your little case is just adorable

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer, Cindy!!! This is incredible. It's so detailed and through. You have anticipated everything a student would need and accommodated it. What a totally cool project. Congrats - it rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an amazing project Cindy! I love every detail you put on it! Really beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to add my wow to the group :) This is just amazing Cindy. The detail in the box is jaw dropping. Great job with both projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Cindy and I too have some of Becky's tutorials and love them you did a wonderful job on this case.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!