Wednesday, April 14, 2010

7 Be Inspired to dress up a T-shirt

It's Be Inspired Wednesday again, crafters, and I appreciate your stopping in today to see what we're up to at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot. This week it's all about T-shirts.


In truth, this one stumped me. I had a bad weekend with the loss of a pet and lost my mojo, just didn't feel like creating anything. I felt guilty about that, as I'm one who takes commitments seriously and not participating in this week's Be Inspired wasn't sitting well.  I was sitting here looking at my Earth Day card  and it dawned on me how easy it would be to create a shirt with the negative of the trees (actually I thought it would be fun to use the negative of the earth, but I couldn't find it in all the mess!).   It seriously took about 3 minutes to make the shirt....Copics and negative cut-out of the trees in hand, I went to my table - I first used my heat gun to heat the front of the shirt a little so the alcohol from the Copics would evaporate quicker and not bleed. I then placed the negative of the trees on top of the shirt (cardboard piece between the shirt layers) and took a green Copic, roughly colored in the upper part of the trees, then a brown one and colored the trunks. I went back with a Copic Multiliner to make the thinner lines, defining the branches a little bit. Not a great shirt, but certainly a quick one!



The card is made with all Cricut cuts, no designer paper, no stamps.  Cuts are highlighted with Copics.

Be sure to stop over at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot Be Inspired to see the what the Design Team has created in shirts! As usual, I am amazed!

Materials:
T-Shirt: T-shirt, Cricut, Copics
Card: Coredinations, Cuttlebug, Cricut, Copics, Dew Drops, Beacon's 3 in 1 glue. Pin It

7 comments:

  1. This is so cool, Cindy!! I haven't ventured into the clothing side of Copics yet but your shirt definitely gives me inspiration to do so!!

    I'm sorry about the loss of your pet. I know how hard that can be on you!!! Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool.....

    I'm also sorry to hear about your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job on both counts.

    I'm so sorry about your pet. :( That's rough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy - what a super cool Tshirt! I love the earthy feel to it and your card is so beautiful! Hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, I think your shirt turned out terrific! Genius using the negative trees and using your copics. I love your hi-lites on your card too using the copics. I learn so much from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Cindy! Cool T-Shirt! Also your card is very nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy, as quick as this may have been it is really great!!! i LOOOOVe your creative thinking on this challenge, I would not have thought of using copics...but you have inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!