Thursday, April 1, 2010

4 Sweet Treats Thursday - Cupcakes, a Royal Tea

Here we are at another Sweet Treats Thursday.... we're doing cupcakes Cricut style!  Here I've made myself a Cupcake holder for a Royal Tea!

I cut the holder and crown with my Cricut, and then topped my cupcake with a Star topper, keeping with the crown embellishment.  The cupcake holder, crown and star are all from the Sweet Treats cartridge.


This is called a 'candle boat' .... so simple to make this for any occasion to dress up a votive candle!    It's essentially two 2.5 x 5.5 pieces of cardstock, sandwiched together and fastened with ribbon through two holes at both ends... layer and embellish as desired.  It's that simple!

The Cupcake?.... store bought and rather unattractive, but I don't eat cupcakes and didn't want to spend too much money on a beautiful one that would end up in the trash.  I cut, score and folded a heavy piece of cardstock to sit down inside my holder as a stage to hold the puny little cupcake up high enough to see it.


Be sure to stop over at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot to see what the rest of the team has cooked up for their cupcake sweet treats! You'll love them!!

Materials:
Paper: Bazzill
Tools: Cricut and Cricut Sweet Treats Cartridge, Martha Steward border punch
Misc:  Candle and votive holder, 3D paint, ribbon, cupcake, Lollipop stick, Beacon's 3 in 1 adhesive.

This is just one of three posts today.... if you came directly to this post, please take a minute to click HERE and scroll down through them!   
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Cindy, I love them! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are both way Cool! Love the candle boat...great idea for any occasion!
    Hey, I do eat cupcakes and that one looks delish..so hand it over..it's got Sprinkles for heaven's sake!
    Well, actually, do you have 2? I don't want my butt to be uneven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- awesome project! Love the display you have created! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

~

Cricut Top 40

Royal visits!