Saturday, May 15, 2010

7 A little cake and a new team for me!


Just a tiny little cake and no calories, but oh so luxurious!!!  I had just an hour or so between outings with the family today and decided to break open my package of papers from The Paper Temptress.  This was not easy!!!  The making of the cake was super easy, taking just a few minutes to cover and embellish a battery operated tea-light candle.  The cutting into the amazing piece of Cream Velvet ? Well that was a little more difficult!  It's so soft and luxurious feeling.   I cut off a  mere 2" strip of it, cringing because it's just so nice! Out of that strip I punched out the top and the base, and cut a strip to wrap around the candle, with still some to spare.  The first cut's always the hardest!  I can't wait to create some more with these papers.  I do love this velvet!

Seriously, I received a package of paper from Patricia at The Paper Temptress, along with the paper rings containing samples of papers available and you have no idea how awesome these papers are unless you've already gotten your hands on some.  They are all just gorgeous!   Right now there's a super deal on a package of them that happen to be "True's Favorites"  - a package of 20 fantastic pieces of paper to create with at 20% off!

Warning!!! you will have a hard time making that first cut!

Oh ... and yes, I am now a member of the Paper Temptress Design Team and am looking forward to sharing creations made with all the awesome papers from the store!

Detes:
One battery operated Tea Lite (I got mine 2/$1 at the Dollar Tree)
Paper: Paper Temptress Cream Velvet
Misc:  Length of ribbon, MS leaf punches, SU! flower punch, Prima Flowers, Beacon's Zip Dry glue Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Cute idea! Congrats on the new DT post! I love Paper Temptress and can't wait to see your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet cake Cindy!
    Welcome to the TPT team my friend! I told you you would love those papers! Have you checked out the ribbons Patricia just added? OMGoodness!
    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh what a fabulous cake Cindy!! wow that paper does look luxurious. I'm off to go take a look.
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new DT post Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new DT, they are getting a very talent lady. I am going to check out that paper. I LOVE paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable "cake"!

    Congrats on your new DT spot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

~

Cricut Top 40

Royal visits!