Wednesday, June 9, 2010

7 Cuttlebug Challenge Be Inspired - Paint

It's Wednesday, folks, and that means another Be Inspired at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot.  This week we're challenging you to use paint.  Any paint! Paint anything!  Just use your cuttlebug, too.



I've used paint in two areas on my card this week.  I first painted one of the inside surfaces of my Tartan Cuttlebug Folder with tan acrylic paint, then placed my cardstock into it and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  I immediately washed my folder (and the plates that got paint all over them).

I also painted my white cardstock and let it dry, then printed my digital image from Digital Delights by Louby Loo onto the painted surface.  I was able to then immediately heat emboss the image.  I colored it with my Copics, but Copics don't behave like Copics with this technique.  The ink stays on the surface and you tend to push it around, without it really blending.  It actually looks more like I painted the image.

The Rocket and the frame inside the card are Cricut cuts using my Stand and Salute cartridge.  I forgot I had that cartridge and it really is a nice cartridge.  The star-looking-things :) are Cuttlebug die cuts.




Stop over at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot to see us.  We've got lots of paint to show you.

Materials:
Image: Digital Delights by Louby Loo (Bongo waving a flag)
Paper: Coredinations, Bazzill
Coloring: Copics
Cricut: Stand and Salute
Cuttlebug: Tartan folder, Starburst die
Other: buttons, sewing, silver dog charm, acrylic paints.
Adhesives: Scotch glue stick, Beacon's Zip Dry Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Great info. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. I love that you do an equally fabulous job decorating the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, you are so talented and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Cindy, I love the die cuts!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cutie!!! i love your double row of stitching inside and out!

    Two great ways to use paint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is `fabulous` Cindy TFS

    Have a great weekend:)x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

~

Cricut Top 40

Royal visits!