Friday, June 11, 2010

12 Phindy's Friday Challenge ... girly/feminine


Hello friends.  TGIF!  
It's challenge time over at Phindy's Place and we're inviting you to play along and create something girly or feminine using a Phindy's Place image.  What? You don't have a Phindy image?  Then hop over to the challenge blog right now and grab the adorable freebie posted there.

For my sample I used this Big Boots Girl image (there's several versions of this available... boy, girl, boy or girl with glasses, or African American).

I used some Bazzill paper, as I often do, but I also used some Stampin Up! cardstock (blue) for the first time ever thanks to a friend thinking I really needed to try it (she sent me some AND a matching marker and ink pad!).  Yep, this stuff is totally fantastic paper.  I love the weight of it.  It's so sturdy and that's just how I like cardstock to be.


I computer printed a sentiment to go with this.  I tried for a couple of days to think of something fun to use with this, but my time ran out so I went with "the road to success is always under construction" ... 
I sure would love it if you would leave me a comment with a suggestion of a better sentiment!!


So good to see you today!!! 
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop over to Phindy's Friday Challenge Blog to check out more girly creations. Our challenge process has change a little bit.  Starting with this challenge, the winner each week will be chosen by Random.org and will receive an $8 Gift Certificate fpr Phindy's Place. There will also be a weekly prize for the card (or project) chosen as "Pick of the Week"! The Pick of the Week wins a 10% off voucher for Phindy's Place. Once a month we will choose an overall winner from the weekly winners and they will be offered a Guest position on the DT - and of course a free image from Phindy's Place to use for that week's challenge!  Hope to see you over at Phindy's Friday Challenge
Have a great weekend!

Materials:
Image : Big Boots Girl (Phindy's Place)
Paper: Bazzill, SU!
Coloring: Copics and Prismacolor Verithin pencils (hair), SU! inked edges of flowers
Misc: Flower Punches, Leaf punches, Screw brads, Dew Drops, Beacon's Zip Dry, Ribbon from The Paper Temptress Pin It

12 comments:

  1. What a great sentiment, don't think I can better that! I loved it when I saw it, read your comments and thought: wouldn't change it for anything:)

    Lovely colours and a great card, fun to think outside the box for girlie
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this sentiment is pretty darn creative-I like it! The card is great---love your color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, I especially love the use of all traditional "male" colours and elements on a very girly card. And I love the sentiment!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous! LOVE the way you've colored her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, love that you chose the little girl with the hammer for your "girly" card - that would have been my girls! Beautiful coloring on this - and I am so impressed with your meticulous stitching and all your well thought out touches. Fantastic sentiment!
    Phindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh Cindy!!! This is one of the cutest cards I've ever seen. WOW...your coloring is out of this world and I always love all of your detail!! Such a perfect card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy I am always so amazed with your talent. Your stitching is so amazing and you are so much detail into your cards. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just way way too cute! I LOVE your coloring too especially the jeans, you can almost see them moving in the wind!
    Patricia
    the PaperTemptress

    BTW, like the ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this card is wonderful!
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo Cindy! I love the idea of using these colors and this image for a girlie card! Awesome idea. And I love all the details you've added too! Very, very cool! :) hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

~

Cricut Top 40

Royal visits!