Wednesday, July 21, 2010

9 Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot Be Inspired - Christmas in July


It's Wednesday and that means another Be Inspired at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot.  We've been having Christmas all week at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot and so we're going to have a Christmas challenge, too.  We're creating for Christmas today using a sketch.  We'd love to see you join us. 

I used this cute snowman stamp by Hampton Arts.  I stamped this on some amazing Laser Silver Lustre paper from the Paper Temptress .  When Patricia (The Paper Temptress) sent this paper to me, it included a note saying that I really need to try stamping on it and coloring with Copics.  I decided this was the card to try that on and wow!  As you can see the shimmer and stripes still shows through the coloring.  The photos don't look near as nice as in person. Coloring with Copics on this super smooth, glossy paper was a little different than usual, but I really like it.  The colors stayed wet for quite a while on the surface and were easily blended.

Stop over at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot and checkout Christmas in July!

Materials:
Image: Hampton Arts
Paper: Paper Temptress, DCWV
Coloring: Copics
Cuttlebug: Background paper is Cuttlebug embossed with snowflakes. That same awesome paper that colored really cool, also is amazing with the dry embossing!  I used a border from Winter Borders
I used the Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder on the diamond shaped panel. Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Oh I have this stamp but I haven't used it yet!!! Your card is great but all of your card usually are!!! I never get enough of looking at what you come up with!!!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Love the snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your designs make me want to go out and buy a new sewing machine. I LOVE your work

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card, and I love the shimmer of the paper! Must give it a try for my Copics! As always, you have given the challenge the ROYAL TREATMENT!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful card Cindy! I love the work you did on shimmer paper. Image is so cute. As usual, your stitches are perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh! This is soooo adorable!! Love that awesome paper! WOW!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindy
    A gorgeous card,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!