Monday, July 5, 2010

6 Summer BBQ invitation with Cricut

Here's a BBQ invitation I'm sharing over at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot today!  Summer is here!

I started with a card base and added a Cricut cut Argyle layer from the Wild Card cartridge, embossed with the Swiss Dots folder.  I was headed for a tablecloth look, but I'm not so sure I got there!


I couldn't find a grill on any of the Cricut cartridges I had so I had to improvise.  It was surprisingly easy to come up with a grill using basic shapes.  I cut a cylinder shape from Cricut George cartridge, adhered a shadow layer, then cut it in half so I could have my grill open.  I attached the pieces with a brad.  The legs are rectangular shapes and circles.  I used George to cut mine, but they can easily be done with other cartridges or freehand. The wheels have brads through them.  The smoke is created with swirls.  Any swirls will do, but I found mine on Home Decor.


I added the Bird Pennant holding a ribbon to create the actual 'invitation' - the Bird Pennant is from Give A Hoot and the hanging ribbon is from Wedding cartridge.  Sunshine was found on Wild Card cartridge.

That's it... a BBQ invitation a la Cricut!

Hope you get some ideas from this invitation to create your own! Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Wow Cindy! I love, love your creativity! You really rock! Very cute card:)
    (I also love your new background blog)
    Hugs, Edith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big changes-looks great! The new card is super too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally terrific. You got so creative with the George cartridge. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how creative you are.. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Cindy! This is so cute and I would never have thought to make a BBQ out of all of those shapes. you are the Cricut queen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Color me awestruck!!! What a great job you did on this. I especially love how you used shapes "differently" to come up with solutions. The smoke is especially brilliant. TFS : D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!