Tuesday, January 18, 2011

11 Tag Tuesday


Hello friends! It's Tag Tuesday again, when I share a tag (or two) using a similar product as Shantaie!  This week, Shantaie is using the Imagine More cartridge and printable vinyl on her Imagine That project.  This one challenged me, as far as creating a tag, because I wanted to use the printable vinyl, too, yet not just stick it to a paper tag.  I remembered I had a 5 x 7 piece of aluminum flashing (from the hardware store) and decided to cut it into tags.  I cut it down to the sizes I wanted using my Tonic guillotine cutter that I use for paper.  It cut easily without any problems.  I printed two pieces of patterned paper on the printable vinyl using the Imagine and the Imagine More cartridge.  After I adhered the patterned pieces of vinyl to the aluminum pieces and inked them up a bit with Ranger alcohol ink, I used my Corner Chomper to round the corners, otherwise they are pretty sharp. I then sanded the edges a bit to be sure they weren't too sharp.  Next I Cuttlebug Embossed the aluminum tags, one with the Moroccan Screen folder and the other with the Distress Stripes folder. After that I cut a couple of the images from the Imagine More cartridge and adhered them to the tags, elevating some pieces for texture.  The tags are finished off with gem-brads and string.

Now be sure to stop over to see Shantaie!  I haven't seen what she's created at the time of me writing this post, but I can guarantee that if she's using the printable vinyl, it's going to be great!  Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Awsome way to use the Vinyl!!! Love these tags....LOVE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful tags...unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are so cute.love the colors.tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, Cindy, I am really impressed with the tags, etc... but I must admit the armadillo in boots is just the best!!!
    Great projects, and I'm really happy to see all that you are doing with this awesome vinyl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look and the wondeful colors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome tags Cindy and very clever of you using the flashing and vinyl and to top it off embossed them genius.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful tags and a great way to use aluminium and vinyl together.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really really cute! I love how you used the aluminum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!