Wednesday, May 16, 2012

5 Last Day of School Party









This was a pretty big project for me with lots of gluing to do.  First thing I did was cut out all my pieces (lots of them), gather my embellishments and adhesives.   SRM Press had a few perfect stickers for my sign.  Love it when I find the perfect sticker for the job... this time the perfect three stickers for the job...  Hooray, It Was A Very Good Year, and the colored banner sticker across the top of the 'cone'.


I used only Helmar products for adhesives on this spread.  I grab the Quickfix Adhesive Runner to quickly adhere pieces together that I'm going to stitch.  A couple of short runs of tape in the middle of the images holds it perfectly while I stitch the edges. All of the paper pieces are glued together with Professional Acid Free glue. This works perfectly for all the animal images because I like to shape the finished images just a little bit, giving a little curve/shape to them.  Acid Free glue perfect for me because it's a bookbinding glue and is flexible when it dries. The images that I wanted to shape a little and lift off the surface (the leaf on the apples and the animal images on the apples) are adhered with Liquid Scrap Dots. Images that I wanted lifted uniformly off a surface are adhered with foam Zap Dots.  Gems, glitter and googly eyes are adhered with Gemstone Glue and the Apples are adhered to the clothespins with 450 Quick Dry.  I have no worries at all about anything coming off of anything.  Helmar will hold.

For lots of close ups, some instruction, as well as Cricut cut files, stop over at the Cricut Blog

Cricut Machines Used: Cricut Expression 2 Electronic Cutting Machine, Cricut Craft Room, Cuttlebug
Cricut Cartridges Used: 3D Party Cones (Cricut Craft Room Exclusive), Birthday Bash, Create a Critter, Cricut Font & Basic Shapes - Digital, Crocs Rule, Give a Hoot, Once Upon a Princess, Opposites Attract - Digital, Preserves, Pretty Pennants, Robotz, Simply Sweet, Stamping - Digital

Cuttlebug Embossing Folders Used: African Batik, Baby's Breath, Candy Cane Stripe, Number Collage, Qwerty, Typeset, Wedding Set, Word Collage Set

Other Supplies: Cricut Cardstock, Cricut Patterned Paper Books (Animal Kingdom, Celebrations, Doodlecharms), Cuttlebug Scalloped Rosette Quilling Kit, Various embellishments, Clothespins, Sewins Supplies, Stickers (SRM Press), Twine, Helmar Adhesives (450 Quick Dry, Professional Acid Free, Zap Dots, Liquid Scrap Dots, Gemstone Glue, Quickfix Adhesive Runner)



Shared over at the Simply Designing Linky Party , Thirty Handmade Days, and Someday Crafts.  Go check out all the other amazing creative links! 

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous project! I know those kiddies are going to love these favors! Great work, as usual!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Fun Fun! Looks like it is ready for an Ice Cream Social with all the topping and syrups! Mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific!!!! You did Great!!!

    Cheri
    a very blessed soul

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a beautiful job-- really cute. I bet the kids have the best time EVER ( -:
    xoxo Malia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job-- really cute. I bet the kids have the best time EVER ( -:
    xoxo Malia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!