Friday, June 1, 2012

3 Craftstick and Helmar = Bracelet

A while back I saw (probably on Pinterest) where craft sticks were made into bracelets.  Of course it was touted as a kid's craft, but I wanted to try it anyway.    I wanted to play with my Helmar Crackle, too, so I decided to do a little project with both.
cindyroyal_cracklebracelet2
I started out with simmering my craft sticks - the large ones that are like tongue depressors.   I simmered them for 15 minutes and then took them out and immediately started shaping them in to an almost circle.   They feel hot at first but are easily handled pretty quickly.  I just kept shaping them until I could get them inside the top of a jar to leave them to dry.  
 
cindyroyal_cracklebracelet
Once completely dry (I left them overnight), using my Helmar Decoupage Paste, I added a strip of Pink Paislee paper to both the inside and the outside. 
cindyroyal_cracklebracelet1
 
After that dried I used Step 1 of the Helmar Crackle Medium on the outside.  After just about 10 to 15 minutes I applied the Step 2 Helmar Crackle Medium and waited for the magic.  I could see crackling start pretty quickly, but I did  let it dry a few hours before I finished it.  This is some seriously fun stuff.   I love the look.  I ran a little chalk ink over the outside and then wiped it back off, leaving traces in the cracks.   I then sprayed it with a couple of coats of Crystal Kote Glossy and let it dry complete.  To add a little more interest, I grabbed my Helmar 450 Quick Dry and adhered some buttons to it. 
 
cindyroyal_cracklebracelet2
This bracelet fits my arm.   I did notice while working with the bracelet, it tended to open more and get bigger, but I was able to work it back to the smaller size and placed it back inside the jar neck while drying in various phases.   For a child's arm, a smaller jar would work.

cindyroyal_helmar22cindyroyal_helmar22cindyroyal_HelmarCrackle

Can't find Helmar products in your neighborhood?  Think about asking your local scrapbook store to get them in for you.  Your fellow local crafters will love you for it.   In the meantime, check out the left sidebar on the Helmar Blog for a list of preferred online retailers.

 Winner of the Stand and Salute cartridge:
 Congratulations Jill!   Hope you come back to share your fun creations with this fabulous cartridge!  Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Omg I feel like a new hobby brewing ;). Thanks Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so Amazing Cindy!!! Thank you so much for all your inspiration:)

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

~

Cricut Top 40

Royal visits!