Friday, June 15, 2012

35 Helmar Father's Day Blog Hop

Welcome to the Helmar Happy Fathers Day Hop. Today we are so excited to share with you a variety of fantastic masculine projects. We've put our Helmar arsenal to good use and want to share with you some inspiration for those last minute Fathers Day gifts.

If you have been following along, you should have hopped here from JJ's blog. If not, hop on back to the Helmar Blog and enjoy. Make sure to leave comments along the way, because we will have prizes up for grabs. And if the man in your life is super lucky, we may even send him a Helmar prize pack too.

I chose to make a card with a vintage butterfly print and some richly colored papers by Teresa Collins.  

All my papers are adhered with Premium Craft Glue in the centers and then stitched around the edges.  I glued my metal findings and Candi paper dots with Silicone Adhesive Sealant.  The paper dots don't require that strong of an adhesive, but since the dots are a bit of a cup, it's easier to adhere them when you can fill them with a thick adhesive to fill the void and not smash the dots roundness by pressing down a thinner adhesive.
I printed my image twice and fussy cut the butterflies out.  I then shaped them a little and adhered them to the complete image with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots.  
The inside is completed with a die cut of Happy Father's Day cut on my Cricut Mini using the Cricut Craft Room and the Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art cartridge.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Now hop on over to Vicky's blog where you are sure to find more Fathers Day inspiration. If you get lost along the way, below you will find the links for the order of the hop.

Helmar Blog
Lisa Wilkinson
JJ Sobey
Cindy Royal
Vicky Alberto
Jess-Kinderstampo
Cheryl Walker
Amy Lassiter
Rae Cooper
Jenn Erickson
Katie Nolan Denham
Carisa Zglobicki
Michelle Wallace
Julie Tucker-Wolek
Erika Taylor


Materials:
Helmar adhesives: Liquid Scrap Dots, Silicone Adhesive Sealant, Premium Craft Glue
Pattern Paper: Teresa Collins Sports Edition II
Cricut: Craft Room, Cricut Mini, Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art
Misc: seam binding, metal findings, Candi paper dots, sewing supplies, ink. Pin It

35 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I loveeeeee the colors, the butterflies and LOVING those gold accents!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is beautiful & elegant! LOVE your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so lovely & elegant! I pinned it!

    Hugs,
    Chriss
    america57@comcast.net
    http://chrissandlou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL card, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors and layout!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the card QUEEN Cindy. I love that image of the butterflies. Thanks for sharing today

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Beautiful... I may have to check into the liquid scrap dots you mentioned... Sounds like a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is one beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - gorgeous card Cindy - love your layers and colour combo with the added dimension of your fussy cut butterflies!!!

    ... I have to ask, what is your secret for sewing through so many layers so neatly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy! Actually it's easier to sew neatly through 3 or 4 layers than just one or two. One or two layers tend to require me to be in control of them more, where the heft of more keeps things moving straight through the machine better.

      Delete
  9. Oh my that card is simply divine! I just love the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love the sharp colors and touches of metal embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Cindy! What a wonderful card! The colors are so rich and beautiful! Great work!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great looking card. But then I'm a butterfly fan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! Love the butterflies and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card!
    ~Kim
    http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Love all the gold accents!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this card!! The colors are great and the gold accents are to die for! Truly inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! And how you fussy cut the butterflies!! I love my Liquid Scrap Dots!!! Adorable stitching...my favorite look!! Gorgeous card!

    ~Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what an elegant, gorgeous Father's Day Card. I just got some Liquid Scrap Dots, but haven't used them yet, I need to try this technique out!! I'm a new follower and look forward to seeing more of your wonderful work! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Cindy! Found you through Moxie Fab World's blog roll....what a great blog...love your card....and I am inspired to get out my dusty cricut!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the helpful hint on the Candi dots, filling them with thicker adhesive so they don't squash flat!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the colors in your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the deep colors and beautiful butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a Wonderful card! Love the colors! Super Hop...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Amazing love the colors and the Layering is fantastic. love the Embellishments. thanks for sharing and for the chance to win.
    abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks sweet! thanks for the great blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this card - the colours are beautiful, and the picture is too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card! I love all the details and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really elegant and very beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the richness of the gold accents with the deep jewel hues!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great card! I love the rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous colours, love this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!