Monday, June 25, 2012

5 Mixed Media canvas

Hello friends.  Thought I'd share something different for me.  A mixed media piece - my first, but definitely not my last.  I’d been seeing a lot of mixed media things lately that were really catching my eye and knew I wanted to try my hand at it.  I'm not particularly artistic and I'm usually more of a clean line creator, so I wasn't sure how I'd do.   I had these two pictures of my granddaughters that I really liked and thought I should try a canvas with mixed media and incorporate them into it. 
cindyroyal_helmarcanvas04

I  can't even begin to tell you the steps to completion, because, seriously, once I started I just kept going, grabbing this and that, spraying, painting, masking, stamping and spraying some more.  It was fun and messy and I think it came out pretty nice considering I’m not a scrapbooker and I’m not I wasn’t a mixed media artist.  I enjoyed it thoroughly and will definitely be making more mess mixed media projects in the future.

cindyroyal_helmarcanvas03

I used a couple different Tattered Angel Glimmer Mists, a few different Ranger Distress Ink pads, mesh tape from the hardware store, window screen, a couple of random stamps, a stencil from Michael’s, gesso, more mist, more gesso, Prima flowers, prelaid gems saying beauty, gems colored with Copics, border punches, leaf punch, corner scrolls from Cricut Photo Corners digital cartridge and Faber Castell Ruby Metallic Pitt Artist Pen.   Under all those products, I started out with scraps of pattern paper from Pink Paislee and a 12x12 canvas.

Most importantly, what’s keeping it all in place are my Helmar Products.  I used Decoupage Paste, 450 Quick Dry, Acid Free Glue, Gemstone Adhesive and Crystal Kote.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope the week to come is perfect! Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! What an amazing project!! Love your work with mixed media!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job! i have a canvas ready to get started, now I just need to find the time to make one, i have some fun ideas though!

    Renee
    gohogwild dot renee @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Way! This can't possibly be your first! It's perfection! Holy Cow! I just LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!