Monday, August 13, 2012

1 Sunny Smiles


cindy-royal-helmar-summer-04wm
Today I’m over on the Helmar Blog joining in on their summertime inspiration week.  Here’s my card for a little summer smile.

The hot air balloon, sun and the diamond shape images are from the CTMH Artiste cartridge and I cut them on my Cricut Mini and assembled them all with Helmar Acid Free Glue.  I always use this glue to adhere image layers together.

Before assembling the sun, I added a sentiment sticker from SRM Press. The mat layers are initially adhered together with Helmar Quick Fix Tape Runner in the middle, then stitched around the edges.  After that I adhere them to the card base using Helmar Premium Craft Glue.   This glue gives me a fantastic bond, but gives a couple minutes of wiggle time to get it the exact position I want.

I shaped the balloon a little then adhered it with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots .  The sun I adhered with Helmar Zap Dots and the buttons with Helmar Silicone Adhesive.   I could have used Helmar 450 Quick Dry, but with the unevenness of the back of them from the twine, I chose the Silicone Adhesive because, being thick and gel-like,  it would adjust to the space easily and adhere strongly.  I could have used the Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots, too.
cindy-royal-helmar-summer-03wm

Cricut Mini
CTMH Artiste cartridge
Helmar Products:  Acid Free Glue, Premium Craft Glue, Liquid Scrap Dots, Silicone Adhesive, Quick Fix tape runner, Zap Dots.
Other:  SRM Press sentiment, buttons, baker’s twine, sewing supplies, inks, pattern paper (Imaginisce)

Have a great week! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Another beautifully designed card, Cindy. I love everything about this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!