Thursday, August 2, 2012

5 Whatever Floats Your Boat

I’ve always loved that saying.  My mother used to say it all the time. 

cindy-royal-helmar-unity-10

Today I’m playing with Susan Weckesser’s paper and her Unity Stamp Company set, Sail Away.  The stamps are nice big stamps, more typically used for mixed media on maybe journal covers, art journals, or canvases, but I wanted to work this boat into a card.  Susan’s papers are unbelievable! They are so nice, heavy, great feel and heft to them. This is the first time I’ve ever used a pattern paper for a card base. This paper is just beautiful!

cindy-royal-helmar-unity-12

My image is colored first with Faber Castell Aquarelle pencils, Gelatos and Brush Pitt pens.  It's been a long time since I watercolored an image, but it was fun and came out okay.  I then inked around the background with Ranger Distress Inks.

Dew drops adhered with Helmar Gemstone Adhesive, metal finding and button adhered in place with Helmar 450 Quick Dry, paper layers adhered together with Helmar Quick Fix Tape runner, stitched, then attached to card with Helmar Premium Craft Glue.

cindy-royal-helmar-unity-11

I can’t figure out why Susan’s stamp set didn’t come with the sentiment “whatever floats your boat” so I hand wrote it.  I wanted the sentiment there, but not to jump out at you, so I wrote it in blue and inked a bit over it.
cindy-royal-helmar-unity-09

Materials:
Papers: Cardstock, pattern paper by Susan Weckesser,
Stamps: Sail Away from Unity Stamp company
Coloring:  Faber Castell (Aquarelles, Big Brush Pitt Pens, Gelatos), Ranger Distress Inks
Misc: Sewing Supplies, Robin’s Nest dew drops, metal finding, string
Adhesives: Helmar products – 450 Quick Dry, Premium Craft Glue, Quick Fix Tape Runner, Gemstone Adhesive

hop-helmar-unity
There’s a  Helmar~Unity Stamp Co.~Susan K. Weckesser Blog Hop underway that you may want to join in and check out some of the other amazing stamps by Susan Weckesser as well as some awesome creations by Helmar and Unity Stamp Company designers.  I see there’s a 35% discount on Susan’s stamps during the hop, too!
susanhelmarunity
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic card. Those papers are so pretty and I love that saying too!.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute...love the h2O colour effect! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! The water colors are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous - and I seriously need to find some of that paper! How fab is that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I LOVE that paper and all of your color choices are just absolutely perfect! It's fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!