Tuesday, May 7, 2013

5 Apples for the Teacher

Re-posting last years Teacher's Appreciation projects for some last minute ideas.....

Apples for the Teacher

Apples have long been the symbol of knowledge, therefore often used to symbolize teachers. I really wanted to create something not using an apple because, well, everyone uses apples and I thought I should try to do something different. I just couldn’t do it. Apples equal teachers in my mind and when I came across this really cute apple on the Create a Critter digital cartridge, I had to go with it.
Here I’ve made a selection of Teacher gifts that anyone could give to their teacher as a little token of their appreciation for what they do. Just a little thank you.


This Apple box is created using the bottom of the cupcake box from the Sweet Tooth Boxes cartridge. I cut the bottom once and then again a little bigger so it would slide down over the bottom slightly for a top. This top piece has a strip of pattern paper layered on cardstock going around it. It measures approximately 1″ x 12″ and slides through the label with the Thank You sentiment sticker. The stem is similar layered pattern paper and cardstock, rolled and glued to the top.


Here I started out with the lipstick box from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 Cartridge and embellished it with familiar learning icons – the book worm, a book and the apple. Inside the box are jumbo paper clips, embellished with the apples, that can be used as book marks or just a means of clipping a stack of papers together. The jumbo clips are sandwiched between the shadow layer of the apple and the remainder. I first glued the clip itself to the shadow piece with a strong liquid glue. Once dried, I took a 3D glue dot and adhered the apple to the shadow layer. You can certainly just glue the apple to the clip in the same manner as the base, but I went for the quicker way and grabbed glue dots.



These are 3 x 3 post-it note pads that I’ve covered, allowing for a mini gel pen to tag along with it. There are lots of directions online for doing this, so you might want to do a search to find the one easiest for you to follow. Rather than do the typical cut in the binding to create the pen holder, I added a strip of cardstock, knowing it was going to be hidden by pattern paper.



These are just little gifts, but it’s really not about the gift itself, but more about letting the teachers know that what they do is appreciated and to thank them.
.
APPLE BASKET


BOOKMARK CLIPS


POST-IT NOTE COVERS



Designed By: Cindy Royal
Cricut Machines Used: Cricut Expression Machine, Cricut Craft Room, Cuttlebug Machine
Cricut Cartridges Used:Sweet Tooth Boxes, Mother’s Day Corsage (Cricut Craft Room Exclusive), Cricut Font & Basic Shapes – Digital, Labels (Cricut Craft Room Exclusive), Recess, Create a Critter – Digital, Tags Bags Boxes & More 2
Other Supplies: Cuttlebug Love Language Combo Set, Patterned Paper (Pink Paislee), Twine, Googly Eyes, Distressing Ink, Post-It Notes, Jumbo Clips, Gel Pens, Thank You Sentiment Sticker (SRM Press), Helmar Adhesives
  Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Love visiting you...always something amazingly beautiful here.

    Have great week!!

    Susie aka Just Darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great project, great photos. You always do such beautiful work. thanks for the inspiration.

    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous
    to and you're just extremely great. I really like what you've acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it.
    You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep
    it sensible. I can't wait to read much more from you. This is actually a great web site.

    my web-site Psn Code Generator

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!