Thursday, July 4, 2013

2 Seeing Stars

  Happy 4th of July....



The “firecrackers” in the middle of this display are candles, cut them down to random sizes and wrapped in papers of colors and stripes.



The rocket image is free-floating by using a scrap of acetate wedged in between the firecrackers.

I love the 3D look of stars that are scored and folded so I incorporated a couple small ones onto my firecrackers and some big ones on the skewers at the back.    The base of the display is a block of styrofoam.  I chose styrofoam so the star skewers would have something to stick into.

I added stars to the ends of the candle wicks for fun and scattered a few more on the base.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous patriotic centerpiece. Happy 4th of July to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love love it. Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!