Saturday, September 16, 2017

1 Happy Birthday to Sapphire! and a little creativity....

Sapphire's first birthday!  A womping 2 pounds 11 ounces big!      She's a really good dog and her funny personality makes me laugh all the time, especially when she just sits like this and stares at me.



Been a long time since I've posted so I'm sharing a few things I've been working on.  I came across some pyramid or teepee cards online and recreated them my way.


This first one, a Halloween one, is about 5 inches tall when standing and has a snap closure.  I'm not thrilled with the thickness of the snap so I'll probably move on to magnets or velcro.


 It does have room inside to write a note though it does seem awkward doing it with it's shape and being somewhat bowed.

 While it folds flat enough to mail, it doesn't fold entirely flat due to the layers of folded paper.  It fits in a 5 x 7 envelope.



 My second pyramid card is a basic Hello card, but I went a little bigger.  This one is about 6.5 inches when standing, but still fits in a 5 x 7 envelope.   I used a magnet on this one and it does fold a bit flatter.  I reworked how I glued it and that, too, helps it close a bit flatter.   


While these two cards are perfectly fine, sellable and givable, I'm still tweaking the design some. I really like the looks of them standing.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've also been doing a bit with my sewing machines and made these coasters, a couple of which are halloween.  They are 4" in diameter, quilted fabric with thread lace edging.





Fun changing fabrics and thread colors.

These are available in my etsy shop, if interested.


Thanks for looking and I hope all is well in your world. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Sapphire! My big sis is a Yorkie fan, having loved three of them! Please tell Mommy that I think her cards are sensational, but the old-fashioned one really caught my eye & stole my heart! Also thank Mommy for giving you the best life a girl could wish for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what you think! It means a lot!